Grilling with Pompeian Extra Virgin Olive Oil {Smiley360 Review}

I received the below mentioned product free for the purpose of review through a Smiley360 blogging program, all views and opinions are my own honest evaluations. See Disclosure.

While temperatures are starting to cool down outside, I still enjoy getting out there and grilling up some delicious dishes for our family. I know there are a lot of people who can whip out intricate flavors that will make mouth's water, but for me I'm better at sticking with what's simple. When I find something that makes my cooking taste good I just stick with what works. Being a Smiley360 blogger I was given the chance to review Pompeian Extra Virgin Olive Oil. While trying to come up with a creative recipe to try out my new bottle of olive oil all I kept thinking of was grilling out. We love using olive oil to coat our grill rack to keep foods from sticking. Coating the rack with olive oil has always worked well for us, and is a huge life saver when it comes to keeping the grill rack rust-free and it helps make clean up easy.

As you can see from my pictures above I brushed the grill rack with the Pompeian oil then I also brushed a light layer of olive oil over the strips of chicken then added my favorite grilling spices. The Pompeian bottle says robust flavor and they aren't lying I could tell a difference from the other brand we've used and what was different made it much better! Now this grilled chicken on it's own would have been delicious, but my husband expects a full meal at dinner time - go figure. I decided to add this amazingly delicious grilled chicken to a crunchy fruit topped salad.


Crisp Grilled Chicken and Apple Salad

What you will need: 
  • Chicken
  • Pompeian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • Grilling Spices
  • Your choice of Lettuce (We like dark greens organic Spring Mix)
  • Apples (Granny Smith and Red Delicious) or your favorite red and green apples.
  • Dried Pineapple (Small Pieces)  
  • Bacon (I use 2 strips of pre-cooked and just crisp in the microwave for 30 seconds)
Light your grill and let warm. Start by using your grill brush if needed to clean from past use then brush your grill rack down with Pompeian to prevent meat from sticking. On a low flame place your chicken on the grill and baste with a light coating of olive oil then add spices to your tastes. Turn chicken only once and grill until there is no pink. Once the chicken is fully cooked bring inside and dice chicken and apples. Place your lettuce in your serving dish and then add chicken, apples, pineapple and bacon (if desired). The simple flavors of the juicy grilled chicken compliment the crunch of the zesty apples and pineapple. Yum!

Though the Booper isn't a big fan of lettuce he loved the chicken grilled with Pompeian and he gobbled down the apples too. This was an easy salad with a sweet twist that made my husband and I finish our bowls in a hurry. Definitely a salad I will be making again in the future. Try it out for your family and enjoy! 

Did you know Pompeian was the first Extra Virgin Olive Oil to receive the USDA quality monitored seal? Yes, it's true Pompeian gives extra attention to quality, and keeping with that commitment their motto is : freshness from harvest to table. After tasting the difference for myself I can say I think they're doing a great job of keeping their commitment at Pompeian. I look forward to cooking up some more of my family's favorite dishes using this olive oil. 
If you would like to learn more about Pompeian Extra Virgin Olive Oil or would like to save $1.00 on your next purchase visit them on Facebook or find great Recipes to try on your family! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Love This? Share It!